Are you an independent media maker looking for equipment, facilities, crew, or local connections?
Want opportunities to interact with other The UnConvention media makers, upload your stories or show your media work? Do you need resources or technical help to document your live project or exhibit?
We might know someone who can help. Check out the links below. And check back for updates.
Equipment rental, editing, studio space, conference space, wireless access, equipment storage
- Intermedia Arts for for palmcorders and digital still cameras.
- IFP Minnesota for HD cameras, miniDV, palmcorders, and more.
- We have offers from a few office and home studio spaces with wireless and sometimes editing software for overflow requests. Contact Kathleen
Share and upload
- Upload to The Uptake feed FYI there is an editorial process, not instant posting.
The UpTake goes live periodically from mobile video cams using Qik:
- Contribute to daily UnConvention TV. Chris Strouth
- Contribute to The Unconvention Show by MTN
- SMS text to Urban Echo at Peavey Plaza or Intermedia Arts
- Contribute to I Approve This Message
- Upload to your own YouTube account and tag it UnConvention of UnConventional.
- If you blog somewhere, tag and link back to The UnConvention.
- One-on-One Film Festival looking for local filmmakers who have produced films that explore social and political issues to participate in an action at Peavey Plaza. Jane Powers
- Call for moving and still images for projection by Minneapolis Art on Wheels
Rest and refresh, talk with other media makers and artists
Get your work documented or covered by media
- Unconvention TV. See Chris Strouth
- The Unconvention Show by MTN
- Be an UnConventional MediaMaker of your own. Bring out your stuff and cover any of the projects.
Drop off a copy of your work so that we can archive it for posterity
- Unconvention TV –high quality suitable for broadcast. See Chris Strouth
- DVD’s from any UnConventional MediaMaker after Sept. 5 at Intermedia Arts
In person help is here. If you haven’t found what you need email Kathleen or call 651-336-4202 with dates and details of your request and contact info–include a phone number please. She will give it her best try and get back to you.